The Invisible Land

Staying Invisible, to get the latest Nintendo news...

Support quality content by voting: Wii TopSites.net, the best Nintendo Revolution/Wii sites.Wii TopsitesHot-Wii-Sites

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Miyamoto and his pets


What am I interested in now? I am interested in many things. Maybe you’d love to hear that I recently owned a cat or lizard (laugh). But these are not the decisive factors for me to think about next games. Talking about Pikmin, for example, we were doing a lot of experiments on GameCube by having some concepts which were eventually resulted as Pikmin. It was just that I was doing gardening at that time, so I thought, “Maybe this might fit into the concepts that we are experimenting now”. It is not that we made the game system because I wanted to incorporate my gardening hobby. This is similar to the remark Takeda made today. I like dogs and since I owned my dog, I thought that dogs could be a game. However, fact of the matter is, we could not think about the concrete way to make it a fun game. We, then, encountered the DS hardware and realized that we can finally make an application on that dog concept. I was a typical Japanese husband who has been neglecting family lives, but I am spending more time with my family now. I am now interested in how a family enjoys in one house, and that interest pretty much suits well with the concept of Wii hardware. In that sense, Wii will become a hardware which will satisfy my interests of the past 20 years or so, so that I am enjoying making software right now. Finally, I am doing something lately, but I think I need to refrain from talking about it today. Hopefully, I can tell you what it is in 6 months or so. - Shigeru Miyamoto

2 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Nate said...

Miyamoto is at times pretty crazy. Hes really quite the oddity. Then again, he makes amazing games.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous nintendofan said...

man, that guy is awesome! go miyamoto

 

Post a Comment

<< Home